Wednesday 8 March 2017

Alun Lewis - Song

Hi everyone,


So, I hope you brought your tissues.  Sad story on this guy, huh?

If you'd like to read more about Lewis and his life, this is a pretty interesting read, and short; Wikipedia has much more information.

I stumbled across this site, which unfortunately requires a paid account to see the rest (much like enotes).  Still, what's there is FANTASTIC for context.

Consider that long quote we wrote down re: Lewis' poetry in general and his quest for meaning in the hopelessness.  Measure that thought up against other things that don't seem to fit a given pattern.  Rhyming pattern?  Enjambments and open-ended lines?

You'll find your own thoughts, but I thought I'd get you started.  Do some google searches and challenge my conclusions with your own!


- T. Marcus


1 comment:

  1. Hi there, can you please provide me with your email address or please send me a mail at sharne.scrooby@yahoo.com.

    I am an English teacher from South Africa and I have an urgent question to ask you regarding the poem by Alun Lewis which might be pertinent to ALL our students.

    ReplyDelete